Decor changing by the season can be overwhelming especially when you don’t have enough time.
Summer is the perfect time to refresh your home decor and create a cozy and inviting space. To achieve this, you can add pops of bright colors, bring in plants and flowers, change up your bedding, create an outdoor living space, decorate with beach-inspired items, and use lightweight fabrics
These 27 Best summer decorating ideas will do the trick.
Important: On this website, I feature a select number of partners and companies that have products that could help my audience. As an Amazon associate, When you purchase something through my partner links, I might get paid for the referral at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
This post is about Summer Decorating ideas.
Best summer decorating ideas
1 Fresh Flowers
Fresh Flowers – Bring in some fresh flowers and arrange them in vases throughout your home.
2. Change up the Drapes
Swap out your heavy drapes for lighter, breezier curtains. This is perfect for summer decorating ideas living room.
3. Colorful Pillows
Add some colorful throw pillows to your couches and chairs. Pro Tip : You can buy pillow cases and change them up according to the season.
4. Use Everyday item as Decor
Hang a colorful, lightweight quilt over the back of your sofa. Pin this perfect summer decorating ideas for the home for later. You can even add some bright summer throws to a basket and add it next to the coffee table.
Place some bright and cheerful artwork on your walls. Look for simple art work with colors that can work with your existing decor.
6. Beachy Decor
Here are some ideas for incorporating these elements into your home decor.
Easy Summer Home decor ideas
- Fill a clear glass jar or vase with small seashells and display it on a coffee table or bookshelf.
- Hang a strand of seashell garland on a wall or over a mirror.
- Place a seashell-shaped dish on an entryway table to hold keys and other small items.
- Create a beachy vignette by arranging a few larger seashells on a tray with some sand and a candle.
- Display a collection of seashells on a bookshelf or mantel.
- Hang a framed print of a beach scene or a seashell.
- Use a seashell-shaped soap dish in your bathroom
- Place a seashell wreath on your front door.
- Pin this under perfect summer decor ideas diy
7. Refresh Outdoor Patio
Outdoor Summer Decor
- Add colorful outdoor pillows: Bright and colorful outdoor pillows are an easy way to add a pop of color and comfort to your outdoor patio. Mix and match patterns and colors to create a fun and eclectic look.
- Hang string lights: String lights can create a cozy and intimate atmosphere on your patio. Drape them across the ceiling or wrap them around a tree or railing.
These are easy summer decorations for outside.
- Add outdoor rugs: Outdoor rugs are a great way to define a space and add texture and color to your patio. Choose a rug that complements your existing decor and furniture.
- Add a fire pit: A fire pit can be a great focal point for your outdoor patio and can be used for warmth and ambiance during cool summer nights.
Incorporate natural elements: Incorporating natural elements such as rocks, pebbles, and driftwood can add a rustic and organic feel to your patio decor.
Use decorative tableware: Consider using colorful and patterned tableware and drinkware to add a fun and festive touch to your patio dining area.
8. Refresh Front Door
Summer Decorating Ideas for The Front Door
Hang a Summer Wreath – A summer wreath is a classic way to decorate your front door for the season. There are many different styles of summer wreaths for front door to choose from, including floral wreaths, beach-themed wreaths, and patriotic wreaths.
Check this cool video summer decor ideas DIY by Miss Annie, she made the perfect summer wreath.
Add Potted Plants : Add bright colored potted plants to the area for unique front door decor. Bright yellows, oranges, and pinks are great colors to consider for a summer front door. You can also go with neutral colors.
Add Seating : if you have a front porch, you can also place a few Adirondack chairs on your front porch to create a relaxing spot to enjoy the summer sun.
Add Colorful Doormat : Adding a beach themed or patterned door mat will also add a pop of color to the front door area.
9. Place a vase of seashells on your coffee table.
Here is what you will need to create a vase of seashells for easy diy summer house decor ideas.
10. Add some wicker or rattan furniture to your living room or patio.
I love this Ikea rattan chair, you can use it indoor or outdoor. Pro tip : try bringing in existing outdoor chair indoor. Switch it up. Mix and Match existing furniture.
11.Hang a beach-inspired wall art or painting.
To feel summery, Hang a beach-inspired wall art or painting to bring a touch of coastal charm to your home.
12. Change up the Bedding
Replace heavy winter duvets with lightweight summer bedding. You don’t have to stick to neutrals, you can use colors that are bright and work with your bedroom theme.
13. Use colorful and patterned Dish ware
Switch out your regular dishwater with colorful and patterned dishes. It adds so much color and its the everyday item, you can use as decor.
14. Add some colorful seat cushions to your outdoor furniture.
Adding pops of color with seat cushions or pillows to your outdoor seating will instantly say summer ready.
15. Use a colorful rug in your kitchen.
Adding a colorful rug to your kitchen will instantly say summer vibes.
16. Hang a hammock in your backyard.
There is nothing that says summer like spending time outdoors. Hang a hammock to your Ourdoor or indoor space to create the summer vibe. There are so many indoor hammocks on the market. This hammock is my Favorite.
17. Use bright and patterned placemats for your summer dinners.
You do not need to break the bank when it comes to patterned and colorful placemats. TJ Maxx or Mashalls have a ton seasonal placements that are just perfect and in budget.
18. Hang a colorful wind chime in your garden.
Hanging a wind chime is an easy way to add summer decor. There are many different kinds out there. Choose from a large to small wind chime, whatever works for your home.
19. Citrus fruits on your dining table / Kitchen Island
Taking any vase and add lemons or oranges with some greens and instantly freshen up your home for summer. Insider Tip : if you got the faux lemons, you are good forever. once the summer is over, just pack them back and store them like Christmas ornaments.
20. Hang a birdhouse or a bird feeder in your backyard.
Wanna hear birds chirping in the morning, add a birdhouse, that will add color and will also make you wanna spend time Ourdoor in the mornings.
21. Place a tray of colorful glasses and bottles on your bar cart.
I am a big believer of using things you already have. If you have a bar cart, add colorful glasses or bottles to instantly add color to your home.
22. Place a vase of sunflowers on your windowsill.
You absolutely need to bring in fresh sunflowers in summer !!!!
23. Patterned beach bag as a decorative item.
24. Patterned beach hat as a decorative item.
If you have a mudroom area, hang your patterned beach bag and hat, its the perfect summer time decor.
24. Hang a decorative surfboard in your living room.
There are some gorgeous decorative surfboards available. I love this as its unexpected and unique.
25. Fresh Herbs
You can use 3 small glass mason jars & add fresh herbs and place them on a wooden tray on your kitchen counter. I love this ideas as it also will freshen up the air.
26. Hang a decorative outdoor clock on your patio.
Add a decorative clock that can also work as a focal point.
27. Hang a decorative outdoor lantern in your backyard.
There are all different kinds of outdoor lanterns available. You can choose form gladdest, metal or even paper lanterns.
This post was about Summer Decorating ideas.
If you are looking for more deign inspiration, Check out these similar posts.
Pin it ???? to find it later
This post includes links to affiliate products, and if you make a purchase through those links, I may earn a commission without any additional cost to you. You can find a complete disclosure by clicking here.